DCS is taking the health and safety of our players, team officials, referees, and other volunteers very seriously. To that end, while we are excited to be able to return to the pitch and have our children back playing, we are working hard in conjunction with City of Delta, City of Surrey and our Partner Clubs to provide the safest environment possible, and stay within the recommendations and guidelines put in place by BC Soccer, VIA Sport, and BC Health Authorities. Keep visiting this page for updates on Return to Play information!
PLEASE READ – Return to play policy
CLICK HERE for BC Soccer’s Phase 2 “Return To Play”
CLICK HERE for ViaSport’s Phase 3 “Return to Play”
City of Delta’s Covid-19 information HERE
City of Surrey Covid-19 information HERE
Coastal FC Covid-19 information HERE
Questions can be addressed to SDUcovidsafetyofficer@gmail.com
UPDATE – CANCELLATION OF DELTA COASTAL SELECTS 2020 EVALUATIONS
Delta Coastal Selects hope your families are healthy and in good spirits as we go through this extraordinary time. Like all of you, we are adjusting to the challenges of the current situation by anticipating upcoming events in relation to our position in the local soccer community.
With the uncertainty of the current situation, we feel it is necessary to let you all know about decisions we are making within the Delta Coastal Selects (DCS) Program in order to make sure the kids can get back to playing as soon as possible once we have direction from our governing bodies and the proper health authorities. With the most recent communication from BC Soccer and the Canadian Soccer Association being that we will have no organized soccer before May 15th, we have made the decision to cancel the on-field evaluation component of our year-long assessment of the U14 – U18 players. We hope the following will help answer your questions and concerns about what is coming up for your children as it relates to soccer within our program and partner clubs.
DCS carries out a year-long process of assessment and provides opportunities to those players excelling in their current environment within our partner clubs – South Delta United, North Delta SC, SurDel Girls SC, and Coastal FC. Many of your kids have been out to training and played matches within our program throughout the previous season and are hoping to be considered for selection this season.
Questions you may have:
- Will my child be considered without the on-field evaluation? In speaking with our volunteer coaches it is clear there is familiarity with many players both currently playing and not playing at the DCS level who are being considered for places next season.
- How will we be notified if our child is offered a spot?DCS will be sending out invite emails as soon as this weekend and we expect to continue sending these through next week. If you receive an invite, you will have 24 hours to reply and accept the position.
- Will we have to pay our registration up front?We are working on a solution here and ask only for a confirmation that you are accepting the position initially. We will send an additional and separate email addressing registration once the position has been accepted.
- What if my child is not offered a position? Will I hear from you? At this time, we will only be sending release notifications to current DCS players. All players registered for evaluations will have their information provided to each age group coach in order to continue providing training and match opportunities to those players continuing to excel at their current level of play. Permanent movement into these teams is possible if, after observation in those training or match environments, it is deemed a suitable place for the player.
- What about my Evaluation Fee?All evaluation fees for U14 – U18 will be refunded in whole. It may take us a week or two to complete this as each has to be manually refunded one at a time. So please be understanding and patient as we work through it.
Thank you all for your understanding. We appreciate this may be a disappointment to many of your kids, but we plan on carrying forward our commitment to the process we all believe in, which is one of continued opportunity and evaluation for all players.
Delta Coastal Selects
Delta Coastal Selects is pleased to announce the appointment of Jon Rogers as Technical Director of the DCS program. Jon comes to us from South Delta United Soccer Club and we are fortunate to have acquired someone with his soccer background and expertise to join Delta Coastal Selects.
Originally working as an Academy/Staff coach in Kerrisdale since September of 2005, Jon was named Academy Director and U6-10 Head Coach of Tsawwassen Soccer Club in June of 2009, and eventually, Technical Director, in 2011. Since the establishment of South Delta United, Jon has continued his role as an Academy coach, BC Soccer Learning Facilitator, Head of Grassroots, and most recently, Assistant Technical Director for the club. In addition to his role within Tsawwassen Soccer Club and South Delta United, he has served as a Coastal FC Y-League Head Coach and Assistant Coach for U14 & U16 Delta Metro Programs. He is currently a candidate for the new CSA Youth License, and has recently achieved his certification as an FC Barcelona Academy Level Coach while also working to complete his Masters degree in Sport Marketing, Sponsorship & Facilities Management.
The addition of Jon Rogers as Technical Director of the Delta Coastal Selects program is effective immediately, and we are certain that his soccer knowledge and experience will provide valuable support and development to our DCS coaching staff and players. Jon has been a pillar of our soccer community for the last ten years as a coach, soccer administrator and most recently as an Assistant Technical Director at South Delta United. Previously, Jon represented the British Columbia provincial team as a youth and young adult at the National Championships and Canada Games. Jon grew up in Delta and as such is familiar with the local soccer landscape. It is great to have the opportunity to get Jon more involved in the DCS program. Delta Coastal Selects proudly welcomes Jon and we look forward to what this new partnership will bring to our DCS program.
Delta Coastal Selects