UPDATE – CANCELLATION OF DELTA COASTAL SELECTS 2020 EVALUATIONS
Delta Coastal Selects hope your families are healthy and in good spirits as we go through this extraordinary time. Like all of you, we are adjusting to the challenges of the current situation by anticipating upcoming events in relation to our position in the local soccer community.
With the uncertainty of the current situation, we feel it is necessary to let you all know about decisions we are making within the Delta Coastal Selects (DCS) Program in order to make sure the kids can get back to playing as soon as possible once we have direction from our governing bodies and the proper health authorities. With the most recent communication from BC Soccer and the Canadian Soccer Association being that we will have no organized soccer before May 15th, we have made the decision to cancel the on-field evaluation component of our year-long assessment of the U14 – U18 players. We hope the following will help answer your questions and concerns about what is coming up for your children as it relates to soccer within our program and partner clubs.
DCS carries out a year-long process of assessment and provides opportunities to those players excelling in their current environment within our partner clubs – South Delta United, North Delta SC, SurDel Girls SC, and Coastal FC. Many of your kids have been out to training and played matches within our program throughout the previous season and are hoping to be considered for selection this season.
Questions you may have:
- Will my child be considered without the on-field evaluation? In speaking with our volunteer coaches it is clear there is familiarity with many players both currently playing and not playing at the DCS level who are being considered for places next season.
- How will we be notified if our child is offered a spot? DCS will be sending out invite emails as soon as this weekend and we expect to continue sending these through next week. If you receive an invite, you will have 24 hours to reply and accept the position.
- Will we have to pay our registration up front? We are working on a solution here and ask only for a confirmation that you are accepting the position initially. We will send an additional and separate email addressing registration once the position has been accepted.
- What if my child is not offered a position? Will I hear from you? At this time, we will only be sending release notifications to current DCS players. All players registered for evaluations will have their information provided to each age group coach in order to continue providing training and match opportunities to those players continuing to excel at their current level of play. Permanent movement into these teams is possible if, after observation in those training or match environments, it is deemed a suitable place for the player.
- What about my Evaluation Fee? All evaluation fees for U14 – U18 will be refunded in whole. It may take us a week or two to complete this as each has to be manually refunded one at a time. So please be understanding and patient as we work through it.
Thank you all for your understanding. We appreciate this may be a disappointment to many of your kids, but we plan on carrying forward our commitment to the process we all believe in, which is one of continued opportunity and evaluation for all players.
Delta Coastal Selects
U18 Girls: *** DCS will NOT be hosting a Girls U18 team for the 2020/2021 season
U18 Boys: *** DCS will NOT be hosting a Boys U18 team for the 2020/2021 season
Fee’s for the 2020/2021 season are $795 for New Players to DCS and $595 for Returning DCS Players (players who played for DCS in the 2019/2020 season).